Brisbane Central State School is committed to providing a safe, respectful and disciplined learning environment for students and staff, where students have opportunities to engage in quality learning experiences and acquire values supportive of their lifelong wellbeing. Our students, staff and parents have high expectations for the level of behaviour demonstrated at our school.
Our school community has identified the following school rules to teach and promote our high standards of responsible behaviour:
- Be safe
- Be responsible
- Be respectful
Our school rules have been agreed upon and endorsed by all staff and our school P&C. They are aligned with the values, principles and expected standards outlined in Education Queensland’s Code of School Behaviour. These rules are displayed in and around classrooms, and are discussed every week at assembly. In addition to this, our classes have also formulated their own specific rules, which are also clearly displayed in classrooms.
Please take the time to read our Responsible Behaviour Plan for Students. The Plan is designed to facilitate high standards of behaviour so that the learning and teaching in our school can be effective and students can participate positively within our school community. The plan also details the school’s response to :
- Processes for facilitating standards of positive behaviour and responding to unacceptable behaviour
- Consequences for inappropriate or unacceptable behaviour
- Emergency situation or critical incident responses
- Network of student support
- Consideration of individual circumstances
- Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Incidents of Bullying (including Cyber bullying)
The school also enjoys regular visits from our Adopt-a-Cop, who assists to reinforce the school rules, and discusses their wider application to society.